Dark Woods Modular Training Program:
A new approach to Barista training which allows coffee education and attainment to be both tailored and measured. It includes many resources including daily espresso calibration and cleaning sheets and is delivered in 90 minute “modules”, each with their own exercises and checkpoints. It is supported by our full colour training booklet (coming soon!) which includes brew charts and the SCA colour wheel as well as further training tips. Modules 1 and 2 are recommended together as an ideal 3 hr introduction to core Barista Skills.
Module 1 – Introduction to espresso
- Understanding your espresso blend
- What is a brew recipe and why do we use one?
- How to calibrate a grinder
- Using a brew log
Module 2 – Milk and Maintenance
- Basic milk skills
- Understanding your menu
- Work flow and efficiency
- Cleaning your machine
Who’s it for?
– Anyone who has just bought, or is thinking of buying, an espresso machine
– Anyone planning to open a cafe
– People using an espresso machine who want to get better result
– The course is aimed at commercial espresso machine users but keen home baristas are welcome too.
The course takes place here at the roastery near Marsden, West Yorkshire. The course starts at 9.30am and finishes at about 12.30pm.
(Notes on disabled access: Our mill has no steps to access it and has flat floor surface throughout the training area, as well as parking outside on the same level. The espresso machines are set on counters at approx 9050mm height, although we can make accommodations for a lower set machine if required, with prior warning. We have two disabled toilets. If you have any question please don’t hesitate to ask)