Additional Product Information
Dark Woods Modular Training Programme
A new approach to Barista training which allows coffee education and attainment to be both tailored and measured. It includes many resources including daily calibration sheets and cleaning sheets and is delivered in 3 hour “modules”, each with their own exercises and checkpoints. It is supported by our full colour training booklet which includes brew charts and the SCA colour wheel as well as further training tips.
Module 4 - Coffee Flavour & Brewing
- Coffee processing (washed, natural and beyond)
- Impact of roast of coffee flavour
- Altitude and acidity
- The Flavour Wheel
- Understanding the brewing process
- Charting and measuring TDS and extraction %
- Manipulating brew recipes
- Which soft brew is best for you?
Who is it for?
- Anyone wanting to learn more about coffee and understand the main drivers to its many flavours: species/process/origin/roast
- Any baristas who may want to add other brewing methods to their menu
- Anyone who wants to learn the key principles and science behind brewing better filter coffee